News from the Friends
Click here to find the 2020 Friends of the Saugerties Public Library scholarship application for $1,000. The application deadline is April 24, 2020.
January 27, 2020 – General Membership Meeting (4th Monday)
February 2020 – No Meeting
March 16, 2020 – General Membership Meeting
April 19 – 25, 2020 – National Library Week (Library Worker Day – April 21)
April 20, 2020 – General Membership Meeting
May 18, 2020 – General Membership Meeting
May 30, 2020 – Library Street Fair
June 15, 2020 – Annual Meeting and Pot Luck
July & August, 2020 – No Meetings
The Saugerties Public Library and the Friends of the Library are proud to announce the installation of 12 “Little Free Libraries” across the Town and Village of Saugerties. “Little Free Libraries” are free book exchanges (take a book, leave a book – but not a book you’ve checked out of the library) for promoting literacy and the love of reading as well as strengthening a sense of community.
Thanks to the immeasurable help of the Town Parks and Building crew, these 12 Little Free Libraries will join the nationwide movement to share books, bring people together and create neighborhoods of readers.
The Saugerties Little Free Libraries are located:
1. 113 A Partition Street, Saugerties (Lucky Chocolates)
2. Glasco Firehouse/Little League Field – 138 Glasco
3. Mt. Marion Park – Park Circle
4. Sunset Woods Mobile Home Park – Timberwall Rd
5. Pine Grove School Road Subdivision
6. Saugerties Post Office
7. Cantine Field Ice Arena
8. The Birches – 100 The Birches, off 9W
9. Glasco Riverside Park – Glasco
10. Emmanuel Church – Partition Street
11. Price Chopper – Saugerties
12. Cantine Field – Large Pavillion
Saugerties, NY, – Jordan Corvin, of Saugerties, has been awarded a $1000 scholarship from the Friends of the Saugerties Public Library.
Ray Rebholz (President)
John Forsythe (1st Vice President)
Sally Colclough (2nd Vice President)
Rosemarie LaTourette (Treasurer)
Barbara Hammerstone (Secretary)