News from the Friends
January 28, 2019: General Membership Meeting in the Community Room at 7:00 PM.
February 2019: No meeting
March 25, 2019: General Membership Meeting in the Community Room at 7:00 PM.
April 29, 2019: General Membership Meeting in the Community Room at 7:00 PM.
May 20, 2019: General Membership Meeting in the Community Room at 7:00 PM.
June 15, 2019 (Tentative date): Library Street Fair. Details to follow.
June 24, 2019: Annual Pot Luck and Election in the Community Room at 6:00 PM.
July and August 2019: No meetings
We look forward to seeing you in the year ahead!
The Saugerties Public Library and the Friends of the Library are proud to announce the installation of 12 “Little Free Libraries” across the Town and Village of Saugerties. “Little Free Libraries” are free book exchanges (take a book, leave a book – but not a book you’ve checked out of the library) for promoting literacy and the love of reading as well as strengthening a sense of community.
Thanks to the immeasurable help of the Town Parks and Building crew, these 12 Little Free Libraries will join the nationwide movement to share books, bring people together and create neighborhoods of readers.
The Saugerties Little Free Libraries are located:
1. 113 A Partition Street, Saugerties (Lucky Chocolates)
2. Glasco Firehouse/Little League Field – 138 Glasco
3. Mt. Marion Park – Park Circle
4. Sunset Woods Mobile Home Park – Timberwall Rd
5. Pine Grove School Road Subdivision
6. Saugerties Post Office
7. Cantine Field Ice Arena
8. The Birches – 100 The Birches, off 9W
9. Glasco Riverside Park – Glasco
10. Emmanuel Church – Partition Street
11. Price Chopper – Saugerties
12. Cantine Field – Large Pavillion
Jennifer Kavanagh (Co-President)
Ray Rebholz (Co-President)
John Forsythe (1st Vice President)
Sally Colclough (2nd Vice President)
Rosemarie LaTourette (Treasurer)
Barbara Hammerstone (Secretary)